Welcome to the American Nuclear Society at the University of Texas Austin
Austin Student Chapter
Our Mission is to:
- Facilitate exchange of knowledge and open discussion about the Nuclear and Radiation Engineering industry.
- Highlight professional development in the industry as well as informing students about possible career opportunities within the field.
- Enhance public understanding of nuclear technology.
- Encourage camaraderie among those interested in the field through social events.
What is the American Nuclear Society?
The American Nuclear Society is an international not-for-profit organization consisting of more than 17,000 engineers, scientists, educators, students, and others with nuclear related interests. These individuals represent more than 1,600 corporations, educational institutions, and government agencies - approximately 1,200 members live overseas in 40 countries.
The UT Chapter was established in 1967. It is a UT registered student organization which represents the UT student at the ANS national. As a member of the UT ANS you are eligible to many benefits which includes --
- Scholarship and Fellowship opportunities
- Graduate school preparation assistance
- Internships and job placement in the nuclear industry
- Discounted trips to nuclear power plants
We as a society also arrange seminars, Nuclear power plant tours, Nuclear Engineering Teach Laboratory (NETL) tours and social events.