Nuclear and Radiation Engineering Research Engineer
Dr. Kendra M. Foltz Biegalski
Research Engineer, Lecturer Ph.D.
University of Illinois
Dr. Foltz Biegalski is a part-time employee of the University of Texas who has fulfilled roles as both research engineer and lecturer. She is licensed as a Professional Engineer in the state of Virginia. Her research focuses on algorithm development, nuclear nonproliferation, radioactive waste management, and nuclear reactor operations. Dr. Foltz Biegalski also conducts research that supports nuclear explosion monitoring and nuclear forensics. In the past she has worked to develop technology in support of the Comprehensive Nuclear Test Ban Treaty.
Fields of Specialization:
- Radiation detection and measurement
- Advanced algorithms
- Analytical modeling
- Radioxenon sampling, monitoring, and data analysis
- Radiochemical separation techniques
- Software and GUI development
- S.R. Biegalski, T. Saller, J. Helfand, K.M. Foltz Biegalski, “Sensitivity Study on Modeling Radioxenon Signals from Radiopharmaceutical Production Facilities,” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 284: 663-668, 2010.
- D.A. Haas, S.R. Biegalski, K.M. Foltz Biegalski, "Radioxenon Production Through Neutron Irradiation of Stable Xenon Gas," Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 282(3) 667-680, 2009.
- S.R.F. Biegalski, K.M.F. Biegalski, D.A. Haas, “SDAT – Analysis of 131mXe with 133Xe Interference,” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 282(3), 715-719, 2009.
- K. M. Foltz Biegalski, S. R. Biegalski, D. Haas, “Performance Evaluation of Spectral Deconvolution Analysis Tool (SDAT) Software Used for Nuclear Explosion Radionuclide Measurements,” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 276 (2) 407, 2008.
- V. Pratt, K. Foltz Biegalski, S. Landsberger, “Development of the Nonproliferation Assessment Tool (NAT) Software Package for the Calculation of Proliferation Resistance Values of Nuclear Fuel Cycle Facilities,” Journal of Nuclear and Materials Management, 35 (2) 4, 2007.
- K. M. Foltz Biegalski and S. R. Biegalski, “Deconvolution of Three-Dimensional Beta-Gamma Coincidence Spectra from Xenon Sampling Units,” Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemisty, 263 (1) 259, 2005.